Monday, June 8


*Mental Health Day*

There is nothing that bothers me quite so much as sick days at school or work. I know that this may seem odd, but it is so unfair! I never really get sick, and so while my colleagues all get a week a year that they can just sit at home vegging out, I go in day after day the picture of perfect health. Don't worry. My mother raised me right. To equalize this, my mother taught up the importance of "mental health days." You must know what these are... those days that you could not be paid to work. Those days where if you are there, you are secretly obsessing about, well today it was the state of my kitchen sink. Oh, and my house was sloppy, my laundry room deserved some attention, and the furniture placement in my front room is just wrong! So I did what I was raised to do. I went to work at 7:30 this morning and then left sick at 11.

I was mentally off today and kept feeling that I was going to throw up (though it is possible that rather than being ill, it had something to do with the fact that I was wearing a turtleneck and occasionally those make me gag). Regardless of the reason, it is time to move on. So, what is on the docket for the rest of the day then? Well, first is a blog post. Gimme a break, I don't do confession so this is my new forum for playing out my guilt. Next I am baking snickerdoodles, and another batch of homemade pizza for dinner as I want to use the leftover pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Oh, and it was perfect that I got to come home and see Brian off to the airport and make him a great lunch so perhaps that is karma telling me that I made the right choice? Ok, I know, it is a bit of a stretch! Well, off to baking!

*I recognize that the picture seems a bit off for this post so I will proffer an explanation. When my mind is blurry and overwhelmed, Brian leans his forehead against mine, and every time, life is clearer/better*

4 comments:

The Editor said...

Viva la Mental Health! We're off to lunch with Unca Phil in Santa Cruz. Now that's mental health!
Love the font on your post. And the feel ofyour blog. Very cozy. Love you!

Mamie said...

I want a mental health day today. I need to call in a babysitter.

bdmalouf said...

Take it Mamie, you deserve it. Where do you think Mom got the idea from. . . she is a mother of many!

Jessica said...

Mental Health days are sometimes needed at my house! Instead, I just kind of check out, and turn the TV on.....