Monday, June 7


*Eloise at the Plaza*

Well fine, perhaps I am not Eloise and rather than the Plaza I'm staying at a lovely downtown Marriott, but I do still love the idea of taking full advantage of a hotel stay. Tomorrow afternoon, I work in Salt Lake and wont be returning home until roughly 7 PM. Though this seems reasonable, I have to be back up there the next morning at 6:30 AM for a huge event at the Delta center with thousands of people to listen to a leadership seminar given by the likes of Zig Ziegler, Rudy Giuliani, Sarah Palin, Mit Romney, General Colon Powell and several more. Realistically speaking this means that the traffic will be horrendous, the parking would be impossible, and the stress of doing all of this with my peers as well as my District Manager and my Regional Manager present makes my eye twitch. So, not one to drive an hour and a half in the morning while battling deadlines, traffic, and peer pressure, I decided to chose easy. I used one of Brian's gift cards and got a hotel suite three blocks away from the event. Now rather than the drama, I have scheduled to have a girls night of shopping and fun downtown, a plush robe for a lovely bath, breakfast in bed, a wake up call and then a leisurely stroll to the arena. Now fingers crossed that it works out that these best laid plans are worth the extra few hours of sleep and some self inflicted pampering.

Evidence that Brian and I have actually successfully relaxed in the past. Hopefully we will have a repeat performance.


*update* the girls cancelled on me so I shopped alone, I ended up at dinner with some of the out of town managers and sat next to my DM trying to make conversation that would not result in her rolling her eyes in my direction, oh, and the demons who had the room next to mine at the hotel had their TV blaring until past 3 AM and held the social event of the season in the hallway directly in front of my room when mercifully around 3:30 or so, I was able to drown out the din with Celtic chants from my iPod. Looking on the bright side, at least room service woke me from my near coma-esque state with eggs benedict at 6:09 so I was able to make it to the stadium a full hour before anyone other than my work buddies showed up. At least we got to pick our seats, eh?

1 comment:

Annie said...

sounds like a fabulous convention!!! Wow, what a lineup!