Tuesday, May 25




*Walk in my garden*

OK folks, I am back with all of you, and why not? It is spring and flowers are pushing up through despite the temperamental daily environment. Saturday we got my garden finished with planting and then Monday after weather in the 80s, there was what can only be described as a total snow storm which knocked out lilacs, african daisys and some of the weaker budding flowers. Let me take you on a tour of some of the scenes of my yard coming to life. Enjoy!!


My front entry after removing the spiral topairies with wisteria just planted to grow up the posts and across the porch. There are also the rust lanterns to welcome friends.


Window boxes upfront

A window box off of the front railing



Walking into the backyard on my pebble path. The swing is just out of the frame on the left and the shed and cutting garden are just on the right.

My sitting nook under my "popcorn tree" - a perfect place for a cup of tea

When the popcorn trees begin to bloom


My reading nook and corner garden in context next to the cutting garden


At the base of my ladder looking into the orchard behind. There are pumpkins, squash and zucchini below


My old wooden ladder from the orchard looking into the lilacs~

My favorite flower of all, english daisies

Tucked in my little corner of the yard, my favorite place of all... english daisies and soon a big peony bush.


A look through to the lilacs


One of my favorite photos. Anyone who knows me knows that I adore grape hyacinth. I took this before the garden was planted. Beautiful brown earth mixed with the different textures around it.

Somethings to marvel at


These were too beautiful to cut to bring inside and this way I can share it with all of you~


6 comments:

Mary Elizabeth Liberty said...

WOWEE
Thanks for sharing.

I am inspired to do a similar post. Wait for it.

Can't believe you had a snow storm.

LOVE that bench!

Also loving those white flowers on the tree. What are those?

bdmalouf said...

I cannot wait to see your photos! We afterall live in kindred houses~

Mamie said...

WOW! Looks so beautiful, Bethany! I wish I was there right now.

Annie said...

I feel like you gave me the special 'Mrs. Lange' tour the other night! Thanks so much Bethany! My favorite picture is the last one, you are right, too pretty to cut....
Looks like you have either a fabulous camera or even a more fabulous eye!

kelsey said...

I wish I could lay on that lawn surrounded by those paths, walls, views, flowers, scents, and you. Wonderful work sister.

Sarah Sunshine said...

i'm SO jealous of your garden! how amazing :)