Wednesday, July 15

*A new year , a new method of shopping*

This year, as you know, I am on a budget. I go grocery shopping with a list, and I have stopped going to many of the stores that I had been known on a first name basis previously, and all in an effort to save money. To prevent shopping for inspiration, I have begun instead shopping online. To begin, I go to my favorite online stores and register for their emails and mail coupons. After I get my discount coupon, I shoot over to my favorite stores, click the sale section, choose my size, and then order each of the items I am thinking about. This past time, I ended up ordering about 8 pair of pants to my home to try on in my own space. Here, there is no pressure, good lighting, and the rest of my wardrobe so that I can see how it fits with what I already own. Of the eight or so pair of pants, three of them looked really great. What about the rest? Simple, I can either drop if off at the store, or to be even easier, I can just throw it back in the mail for a return. Et voila! I don't even get tempted by the new and expensive items, I don't distracted by that giddy feeling that comes along with filling a dressing room with lovely items, and I don't think that the sales girl is as concerned about my budget as she claims to be. I worked in retail for years and it always happens when they have a few full priced items that they would just feel horrible if they didn't show me, after all, it is simply fabulous! So, the result of this latest shopping spree, only 3 pair of amazing trousers, not one of which is over $3o. Yeah, this is sweet.


No comments: