Wednesday, July 29


Brad and Carli, simply the most lovely couple I have ever met



Berries in cream



Sea shells in the bathroom look good again






*Gilding the Lily*

Some things are encased in God given beauty. My friends Brad and Carli are so stunning in their wedding photos, I described it as a perfect ad for a life insurance commercial, you know, protect the ones you love? Guess what, she wears a touch of make up anyhow. I have young ones around me whose glow in their cheeks are like strawberries in cream. They
still are dressed well. I love my bare feet. I still get pedicures. I have heard it said that God is truly an artist. Anyone who may doubt this need only look at his color palate and creativity to confirm the statement. And yet, he has given us Barb. Like any artist, she has only one name like Cher, Madonna, or Martha. Barb is an artist who has taken the beauty and simplicity of a shell given by God, and then gilds it, literally. She has taken the tacky out of shells on a bookshelf or the bathroom and has left little painted miracles in her wake where ever she may go. Forget less is more, sometimes, MORE IS MORE! This teal and gold conch version is mine. If you want your own, invite her over and perhaps the muse will strike again~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw our picture up there. Come to Dallas! We want to see you!