Thursday, June 18

* I am. *

Daily, I get the opportunity to express who I am to myself and those in my sphere. I find it remarkable though, how often I seem to forget to magnify that. Today as I took a rare opportunity to garden and care for my home and space, I thought of an old quote, but a good one.

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us. It is not just in some; it is in everyone. And, as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Marianne Williamson (often attributed to Nelson Mandela)

So when this came to mind, I chose to remind myself of who I really am. So often, I allow myself to downplay who I am, as is so common with many of us. I went through an exercise in a class I attended a year ago when they challenged us to verbalize what is unique about us, and to determine who each of us really is and why we each are here. Here is what I found for myself:

I AM a beautiful, powerful, inspiring, loving daughter of God.

Through beauty, power, inspiration, and love, I bring forth honor, assistance, empowerment, and healing, creating a world of passion, light, liberation and compassion where all of God's creation live in abundance.


The challenge is to never forget our purpose despite the daily activities. So, I feel it important to really share not only who I am, but ask my peers to do the same. Please feel free to share who you are.

No comments: